The story you have about who you think you are, the story you continue to tell yourself, is the only thing stopping you from achieving your dreams.
Today I experienced a talk by James Colquhoun, founder of Food Matters, where he talked about the importance of knowing your limiting beliefs so that you can change the story you tell yourself, changing the way you live.
Hearing this got me thinking about the limiting beliefs and stories I tell myself that continue to hold me back. The belief that my body isn’t good enough for a loving relationship, that I’m not smart enough to start my own business and be successful, that I’m not wise enough teach mindfulness and meditation.
Every limiting belief, limiting the potential that’s within me.
So what can you do to bring about change? Well firstly, it all starts with self-awareness, being mindful.
- Become a witness to the story playing out in your head
- Do a reality check when it comes to the limiting beliefs you tell yourself, do an inventory, ask a friend, write them down, only then will you understand what is holding you back
- Get out of your own way, you’re the only one that is going to stop your own success
- Play with fear, use it as a way to expand your consciousness, your effectiveness on the planet
- Don’t let money define who you are, don’t get addicted to cash, instead get addicted to your purpose
- Approach life with an unstoppable enthusiasm, bring optimism to everything you do, know that it’s going to be difficult, and be ok with that
- There is always a greater purpose, you are just unable to see it yet, so be patient when things don’t go your way, approach challenges with a smile on your face, knowing that everything is always unfolding perfectly
We all have the potential within our minds to live the lives we want to live. Being more self-aware, knowing your limiting beliefs and changing the story you tell yourself, has the power to change everything… the sky is the limit! 🙂