I just desired to feel normal, I wanted to stop feeling so worried about everything, every single moment of the day! I wanted to feel at ease with life and be happy.
- I wanted to do work that I loved, that didn’t drain my soul
- I wanted to have honest, healthy, loving relationships with both men and women
- I wanted to eat and enjoy food without having to stress about it
- I wanted to love and accept my body with all its imperfections
- I wanted to feel… normal ( to me that was the opposite of feeling anxious )
Yet at the time, all of this felt like an impossible dream. I honestly believed that I would battle severe anxiety and an eating disorder for the rest of my life…
Until one day my intuition decided to do something about it!
In 2015 I quit my job as an Executive Assistant and travelled to India. And I know it sounds cliche, very Eat Pray Love, but this brave move, of jumping into the unknown, changed my life.
In a moment of grace during a deep meditation session, I felt profoundly connected to who I really was… the real me.
I realised that I was more than just my physical body, thoughts and emotions. I was the observer of all of these things, and I had the power within me to choose how I wanted to think and feel! I had the power within me to choose how I wanted to live!