I just longed to feel normal. I wanted to stop feeling worried about everything every single moment of the day! I wanted to feel at ease with life and just be happy.
- I wanted to do work that I loved, that didn’t drain my soul
- I wanted to eat and enjoy food without having to stress about it
- I wanted to love and accept my body with all its imperfections
- I wanted to feel confident being who I was
- I just wanted to feel normal, which to me was the opposite of feeling anxious
Yet at that time, wanting these things felt like an impossible dream. I honestly believed that I would battle severe anxiety and an eating disorder for the rest of my life.
Until one day, my intuition told me to do something about it!
In 2015 I quit my job working as an Executive Assistant and I travelled to India. I know it sounds cliche, very “Eat Pray Love”, but this brave move, of jumping into the unknown, changed my life.
In a moment of grace during a deep meditation session, I felt profoundly connected to who I really was… the real me.
I realised that I was more than just my physical body, thoughts and emotions. I was the observer of all of these things, and I had the power within me to choose how I wanted to think and feel!
I had the power within me to choose how I wanted to live!
Once I realised I was in control of actioning my thoughts, I started filtering out the negative ones and implemented thoughts that were loving.
I started to trust my intuition and gut feeling, doing whatever came to mind that felt good rather than wasting time worrying. This was a game changer for me!
Since implementing Self-Awareness and daily mindfulness & meditation into my life, I’ve experienced a ripple effect of positive changes.
- Work continues to show up that I’m passionate about that’s rewarding. Working as a Self Awareness Life Coach, Meditation Teacher, Yoga Teacher & Floatation Tank Therapy Specialist ( all jobs that I love )
- I significantly reduced my anxiety and gained more confidence to love and be myself ( getting ready in the morning now happens with ease )
- I stopped emotionally eating, overcoming a 27 year battle with my eating disorder ( haven’t binged since October 2015 )
- I decided to stop drinking alcohol ( sober since October 2017 )
- I began to trust myself with food, intuitively eating what my body wanted. Without the need for a strict diet or emotionally eating, I lost weight ( emotional baggage ) and dropped down a couple of dress sizes without much effort at all.
- Through being more present, I gained the wisdom, insight and clarity to create an online business and live a life that I love!