About Camille Abbott
If I had to sum up my life in a few words before I discovered Meditation & Mindfulness, I’d say it was an anxious mess!
In my head, life was a major struggle, and my beliefs around who I was, made it even worse!
- I didn’t know what I wanted to do, so I continued to work jobs that I wasn’t really passionate about
- I binged on food & alcohol in order to escape the anxiety and hopelessness I was feeling, which was more often than not!
- I hated my physical Self, so getting ready each day (in order to feel good enough to be seen in public) was a daily struggle
- I was obsessed with trying to ‘fix’ myself so was always starting new diets on Mondays, or new Self Help programs that never lasted more than a few weeks
- I tried to control every aspect of my life, in order to feel safe and calm, but instead always felt the opposite, moody and irritable
I spent an unbelievable amount of energy battling my anxiety and eating disorders, trying soo hard to fix myself and control all aspects of my life in an attempt to just feel like I was ‘good’ enough to be liked.
Quite frankly, being in my head was exhausting! Not only that, but my anxiety level rose every time I failed to fix myself, which was frequently!
Does any of this sound familiar to you?
I just longed to feel normal. I wanted to stop feeling worried about everything every single moment of the day! I wanted to feel at ease with life and just be happy.
- I wanted to do work that I loved, that didn’t drain my soul
- I wanted to eat and enjoy food without having to stress about it
- I wanted to love and accept my body with all its imperfections
- I wanted to feel confident being who I was
- I just wanted to feel normal, which to me was the opposite of feeling anxious
Yet at that time, wanting these things felt like an impossible dream. I honestly believed that I would battle severe anxiety and an eating disorder for the rest of my life.
Until one day, my inner voice, guide, intuition told me to do something about it!
In 2015 I quit my job working as an Executive Assistant and I travelled to India. I know it sounds cliche, very “Eat Pray Love”, but this brave move, of jumping into the unknown, changed my life.
In a moment of grace during a deep meditation session whilst overseas, something shifted, I felt profoundly connected to who I really was.
I realised that I was more than just my physical body, thoughts and emotions. I was the observer of all of these things, and I had the power within me to choose how I wanted to think and feel!
I had the power within me to choose how I wanted to live!
Once I realised I was in control of actioning my thoughts, I started filtering out the negative ones and implemented thoughts that were loving.
Since implementing Self Awareness and daily Mindfulness & Meditation into my life, I’ve experienced a ripple effect of positive changes.
Work continues to show up that I’m passionate about that’s rewarding. Working as a Coach, Meditation Teacher & Floatation Therapy Specialist ( all jobs that I love)
I significantly reduced my anxiety and gained more confidence to love and be myself.
I stopped emotionally eating, overcoming a 27 year battle with my eating disorder.
I stopped drinking alcohol, sober since October 2017.
I began to trust myself with food, intuitively eating what my body wanted. Without the need for a strict diet or emotionally eating, I lost weight ( emotional baggage ) and dropped down a couple of dress sizes without it feeling so challenging.
Through being more present, I gained the wisdom, insight and clarity to create a life that I love!
With over 8 years experience studying meditation ( a qualified Meditation Teacher through Meditation Association of Australia ) a certified Life Coach and Yoga Teacher, I’m passionate about sharing all my knowledge and experience with you so you can experience the freedom and confidence to simply stress less and love more!
Not tomorrow! Not next month! Not next year! Live a life you ‘deeply love’ today!
With Love, Camille